Frequently Asked QuestionsTouchstone Ranch Recovery Center
What insurance do you accept?
What is your success rate?
If there’s no insurance, how much is treatment?
What is your average length of stay?
What do horses have to do with addiction treatment?
What is the Family Program?
What should I do if my family member doesn’t want treatment?
What is the admission process?
What makes Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center different from other treatment facilities?
Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center is unique in that we offer a spiritual approach to the twelve steps combined with professional counseling, neurotherapy, and an Equine Assisted Addiction Recovery Program. TRRC is situated within the gorgeous sprawling grounds of Touchstone Ranch. Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center encourages our patients to participate in equine therapy with our Eagala-certified staff. Clients can interact daily with the animals housed on the Recovery Center grounds. These animals range from loving dogs to buffalo, and even zebras—yes, zebras! Touchstone Ranch is a working performance horse ranch that raises champion horses as well as many exotic animals. When taking a walk, many of our patients tell us they love watching the animals play—it feels like “home on the range.”
Our clients receive excellent individualized care because we do not serve any more than 26 clients at a time. TRRC is appropriately licensed by the state of Texas and our licensed therapists, nurses, and counselors have many years working in the field of mental health services. Many of our staff members have been affected by Substance Use Disorder and/or mental illness in some way. With more than 125 combined years in recovery, our staff can relate on a personal level with each of our clients. We believe recovery is possible for anyone who seeks it, and we are committed to providing the very best individualized treatment and recovery services to those we serve.
What to Bring For Treatment
We prefer that clients bring all necessities upon admission. Any items forgotten can be mailed; items other than tobacco or money may not be brought into the facility during visitation. The list below is the maximum items allowed; it is not necessary to have everything on the list.
- Client funds, up to $25/week – cash will not be accepted. Deposits can be made to a client’s account online through True Link Financial.
- Tobacco products – bring enough for the length of your stay – tobacco can be mailed in or brought at visitation if needed. Only tobacco cigarettes/cigars/smokeless tobacco is allowed. E-cigarettes, (vapes, Juuls, etc.), are prohibited at TRRC.
- Clothing for 15 days, must have one pair of closed toed shoes (SEE DRESS CODE)
- Hygiene products (may not contain alcohol in the first 3 ingredients)
- Hairspray (must be non-aerosol)
- Deodorant (must be non-aerosol)
- Hair gel or mousse without alcohol
- Picture frames with no glass
- Photos are allowed however may not contain gang signs, nudity, alcohol, drugs, or vulgarity
- 1 alarm clock
- Wrist watch
- MP3 player or iPod and appropriate charging device (must have headphone and may not have camera or internet capabilities)
- Personal stationary, stamps, and envelopes
- Reading material must be approved by a counselor
Clients are responsible for doing their own laundry during personal time (machines and soap are provided at no expense). We prefer clients use the laundry soap provided by the facility. Clients who choose to provide their own laundry soap must have it approved by administration to ensure the product is safe for the facility septic system. Liquid fabric softener is not permitted – dryer sheets only. Personal feminine hygiene products and flushable wipes renders the septic system inoperable.
- Shoes must be worn and residents must be fully and appropriately dressed before leaving their cabin. Due to the outdoor, rural environment residents are required to wear closed toed shoes. Open-toed shoes (flip flops/slippers) are allowed in cabins only.
- When interacting with animals, residents are required to wear closed-toed shoes and long pants because of the working ranch environment.
Items Not Allowed
- Over the counter medications (unless supplied by facility)
- Vitamins or Supplements (unless supplied by facility as deemed necessary by physician)
- Food items and/or Drinks – please do not bring/mail outside food and/or drinks to the facility (this includes homemade and prepackaged)
- Cell Phones
- Body Spray, Perfume, or Cologne or other products that contain alcohol in the first three ingredients (check hygiene products carefully)
- Flushable wipes
- Liquid fabric softener
- Drinking Straws
- Visine or other eye drops
- Sharp objects or items containing glass (includes mirrors)
- Laptop computers
- Games or Playing cards
- Electronic gaming devices
- No linens of any kind (i.e. sheets, pillows, blankets, pillow cases, towels, or washcloths)
- Stuffed animals
- Cameras – Taking Pictures and/or Videos is strictly prohibited
- Weapons of any kind are strictly prohibited by law
- No illicit drugs or alcohol
- E-cigarettes, vapes, Juuls, etc., are prohibited at TRRC. Only tobacco is allowed.
In accordance with Federal confidentiality laws, photos may NOT be taken at this facility.
Residents are responsible for personal laundry (machines and soap are provided).
If you have any specific questions about what is allowed in Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center, feel free to call and speak with an admissions representative. Call (888) 988-5402